The Association of the Ubiquitous Anaphaeans is a creation of the first Anaphaeans who moved en masse around 1860 at the invitation of Otto to participate, as famous craftsmen, in the reconstruction of the current Greek Parliament and then Royal Palaces and many other public buildings.
As its first headquarters, the Association, had the church of Agios Symeon in Anafiotika of Plaka, a district that was built and inhabited exclusively by Anafians. The district was built according to the standards of Anafi Town and retains to this day its Cycladic character.
The Association recognized as a national/local association for the first time in 1924, based in Anafiotika of Plaka.
In 1969, it moved its headquarters to Makrygiannis with a donation of a deceased patriot, while in 1983 it acquired with its own expenses a room in Agios Dimitrios where its Cultural and Spiritual Center is located until today. The selection of the Municipality of Agios Dimitrios as the headquarters of the Association is a key choice since most of the Anaphaeans who live outside the island are located in Agios Dimitrios with a focus on the area of Souli.